Society for Design & Process Science
Transformative Research and Education through Transdisciplinary Means
To expand, advance and unify process science through education, research, development, exploration, and application of a fundamental or general process theory based upon a change-oriented worldview.
- Promote the development of design and process science as applied to all traditional disciplines of engineering by sponsoring conferences and participation in other appropriate activities.
- Encourage and foster research and development to advance the discipline of design and process science.
- Provide leadership and resources to foster cooperation among organizations in establishing meaningful international standards. Distribute, promote, and encourage the use and application of these standards for universal improvement.
- Encourage an interchange of ideas among engineers, scientists, managers, decision makers and organizations by:
- Disseminate information through publishing and other means.
- Organizing conferences and programs for presentations and demonstrations to advance the state of knowledge.
- Cooperating with other professional organizations and committees with respect to standards, interdisciplinary research, and technical meetings.
- Providing a liaison between the Society and Codes and Standards Committees.
- Providing an atmosphere of fellowship between members that recognizes those professional needs of society membership which can best be supplied by association with peers.
- Supporting continuing education activities; and g. Developing international cooperation and understanding.
- Recognize achievement in the field of design and process science.
- Provide long-range planning activities to insure that the Society achieves its objectives and provides quality service to its members.
- Develop and promote membership in the Society.
- Support student activity.
- Support other appropriate objectives.
SDPS was formed incorporated as a non-profit scientific organization in Austin, Texas, USA in 1995. It was established to pursue the ideas of a group of visionaries whose work lead to this important juncture. Each year, SDPS sponsors an international conference that attracts hundreds of leaders in science and engineering. SDPS membership includes a diverse group of international experts across a broad array of scientific and engineering disciplines. Since 1997, SDPS has published the prestigious Journal of Integrated Design and Process Science and advanced its vision through workshops, transdisciplinary forums, conference proceedings, book publications, and various innovative and collaborative projects.
Fundamentally, SDPS was formed around a single idea: process. The fact that this concept is observed in so many different disciplines and the fact that process philosophy has heralded its importance since antiquity, gave rise to the idea that there may be something very fundamental yet to be discovered by science. It appears the process concept could establish a broadly applicable abstraction on which to base the future of knowledge integration and knowledge dissemination at a formal level for a wide array of disciplines. The result could yield new science, new products, business innovation, and new solutions that address the complex problem sets of the future. It is the vision of SDPS to advance towards this goal.
Medal of Technology
Raymond T. Yeh
IEEE Centennial Medal Laureate
Software Engineering Pioneer
Civilizing Effect of Science
Edward O. Wilson
The Origins of Creativity
Finding Nature’s Deep Design
SDPS Journal of Integrated Design & Process Science
SDPS Conference Proceedings
From 1995-2008, the SDPS World Conference was titled Integrated Design and Process Technology.
Please feel free to contact us for additional information about SDPS:
1121 E. Spring Creek Parkway Suite 110-209, Plano, Texas, 75074, USA